Sunday, April 17, 2011

Fighting the demon


( in the loving memory of my lovely grandmother, who won her fight against cancer.)

Its time today, now
Time to wake up,
Time to leave behind the strangling sheets,
Time to open the window to let fresh air in...
Time to look up at the sky as it turns PINK...

Its easy to turn  your back,
To let it roam free, to let it attack,
But is it fair?
Let it attack when your loved ones are there?

Imagine...
She means the world to you,
Your existence relies on her...
Would you let it take her away?
Or do all it takes to make her stay?

It is vile, has no feelings,
Wrenches your heart out every single moment;
Knowing that your end is nearby
You are going to leave;
Yet, it is going to stay...
Taking away thousands of lives,
Destroying many more...

I have seen my own grandma,
Crying all night in pain...

But I have also seen,
Her as healthy again...

We took a step, we didn’t let it take her away,
Its time for you...
Take a step... because its time...
Tell the demon we will fight you;
We will stop you...
We will save our loved ones...
Because it is time...

6 comments:

  1. Keep up the good fight of faith...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one! I´ll be waiting for more, as I am your new follower now. If you like, can visit me sometime!

    http://iloshkam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. @journeytoepiphany: Hey thanx 4 reading...my grandmum died a few years ago, a normal death, ending a peaceful life, but and i wrote this in the brave fight she put up with cancer and won.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Iloshka Glittering: thanx 4 following me love...i promise i will post more and more poems...meanwhile, u can also try my other blog:

    http://superstardiaries.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep writing. It is an expression of your heart and a powerful weapon against what is bad in this world.

    I had breast cancer too and wrote about it on my blog: http://theremustbesomemistake.com/

    I think it is in the March 2011 file.

    Blessings to you,
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Marilyn, Thanks for stopping by and commenting. I am glad that you liked my work...Hope you are fine now...i am very glad you overcame that horrific ordeal... Take Care & lots of love. xxx

    ReplyDelete